1. Disclaimer: The content service provided by IRCTC is obtained from the Indian Railways’ Passenger Reservation system. Although best possible efforts are made to maintain the services as committed, IRCTC offers no guarantee whatsoever about the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of service.
2. Services are provided currently by Airtel, Hutch, Idea, MTNL Delhi, MTNL Mumbai, Reliance and Tata.
3. The charges for this service would be as fixed by the mobile operators. Please contact your operator for related information.
4. Services are provided currently by Airtel, Hutch, Idea, MTNL Delhi, MTNL Mumbai, Reliance and Tata. Subscribers have to register for this service by sending an SMS to 7245 with short code “PNR” followed by a space and the 10 digit PNR number.
eg : PNR 1234567898.
b) Customers of Reliance India Mobile can avail this service through R-World by using the R-World -> Travel -> Railways -> PNR Alert functionality in their handsets
5. On receipt of this SMS request, the user would be registered for this service and a Registration confirmation message would be sent back via SMS.
6. PNRs of all reserved Railway tickets can be registered for this service irrespective of the mode of booking (Internet/Counter/Agents)
7. On successful registration for this service, periodic SMS alerts would be sent to the registered Mobile numbers, with the status of the PNR at that time.
8. Please register at least a Day before the date of journey to avail of the services correctly. If your train is scheduled to leave before 10 AM, on the date of departure, you have to register for this service latest by 8 PM on the previous night.
9. The periodic alerts would be sent as per the following schedule :
On the 8th, 3rd, 2nd day and the day of journey (the days being counted with the day of journey as day 1) – the alert would be dispatched after 0700 hrs.
On the date of journey, the alerts would be sent as per the schedule below :
For trains with scheduled departure between 0001 hrs. to 1200 hrs. the scheduled PNR alerts would go after 2200 hrs. on the previous night (the day before the journey).
For trains with scheduled departure between 1200 hrs. to midnight the alerts would be dispatched after 0700 hrs. on the same day.
10. In case a ticket status is confirmed between any of these scheduled alerts, then an SMS alert would be sent as per the schedule, and the next SMS alert would be sent on the date of journey only.
11. In case a ticket status is found as ‘Cancelled or Modified’ during any of these scheduled alerts, no more alerts would be sent.
12. In case of change of PNR No. due to postponement / advancement of journey or any other reason, the user has to reregister with the fresh PNR No. if he/she wishes to receive alerts for the modified PNR No.
13. In case a ticket is partially modified, the alert would continue to be sent for the passengers remaining in the current PNR. For alerts about the passengers in the modified PNR, the user has to register again with the modified PNR.
14. In case of any queries, the users may call our 24 hrs customer support at 011-23345500 or 23344787 or by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information please visit www.irctc.co.in. Also please contact your local mobile operators for related information.