Sion (Sheev in Marathi) is a suburb of Mumbai. It is also the name of a railway station on the Mumbai suburban railway on the Central Railway line. The name is a corruption of the word Shiva, which means boundary or limit. In the 17th century the village formed the boundary between Mumbai and Salsette Island.
- D.S. High School
- Little Angels’ High School
- Our Lady of Good Counsel High School
- A.M.Kewalramani Premier High School.
- Amulakh Amichand Bhimji Vividhalakshi Vidyalaya.
Gandhi Memorial English Primary School. – Dharavi, Mumbai – 400019-Tel : 4095712
Guru Nanak National High School Sion (West), Mumbai – 400022-Tel : 4072585
Little Angels English Secondary School – Sion (West), Mumbai – 400022-Tel : 4072557
Our Lady of Good Counsel Primary School- Sion, Mumbai – 400022-Tel : 4076273
People’s Welfare Society’s High School – Sion (East), Mumbai – 400022-Tel : 4072455
Sadhana English Primary School – Sion (W), Mumbai – 400022-Tel : 4097203
Shree Vallabhashram School – Sion (West), Mumbai – 400022-Tel : 4072502
St. Anthony’s English Primary School Dharavi, Mumbai – 400017-Tel : 4097875
Victoria High School -Mahim (W), Mumbai – 400016-Tel : 4462913
- S.I.E.S. College of Arts, Science and Commerce – Sion West
- S.I.E.S. College of Commerce and Economics Sion East
- K J Somaiya Institute of Engineering and Information Technology
- K J Somaiya Medical College
- Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College
Leisure, Lifestyle & Places of Interest
- Sion Fort
- CineMax – Movie Multiplex (previously CinePlanet and earlier well known as Rupam theatre)
- Aurora cinema.
- Gurukripa restaurant-Famous for pani puris and samosas.
- New yorkers.
- Madras cafe.
- Mysore cafe.
- Cafe Coffe Day