- For the city in Idaho, see Malad City, Idaho.
Malad is the name of a railway station on the Mumbai suburban railway on the Western Railway railway line. It is a suburb of Mumbai.
Malad, like all the western suburbs is partitioned into two parts. East and West by the Western Railway line.
Apart from the original Maharashtrian settlers, this suburb has a considerable population of Gujaratis, South Indians, Marwaris and Punjabis. Real estate on the west side is more expensive than the East.
Originally, much of the land was owned by East-Indian East Indians (ethnic group) (An Indian Community) families and was used primarily for agricultural purposes. Towards the 1980s many of them sold their lands to real estate developers and the like.
One of the most prominent localities in Malad (West) is the village called(Original Marathi name – Valnai).
It has a few of the popular beaches in Mumbai noteable Marve Beach, Aksa and Erangal.
Mindspace, a posh office cum residential locality has become a hub of call centres and the service industry as more business is moving towards the suburbian Mumbai. Some major call centers in the Mindspace area are Convergys, Intelenet, 3G (3 Global Services), Sutherland, Epi Centre, JP Morgan, EDS, E-serve, E-funds, ICICI one source, OTIS etc.
Investment banks like Morgan Stanley & Merrill Lynch too have their offices in Mindspace.
- Infant Jesus School
- St.George High School Kurar Village
- Sheth N. L. High School
- Nagindas Khandwala College of Commerce and Arts
- Prahladrai Dalmiya Lions College, Sunder Nagar
- Sarvodaya Women’s College
- Dr. S. Radhakrishnan Vidyalaya, Sunder Nagar
- Umedbhai Patel English School, Sunder Nagar
- St Joseph’s High School
- St Anne’s High School
- Mahindra Academy
- S.N.D.T. Women’s College
- St Mary`s English School
- Utkarsh Mandir, Malad
- Carmel of St. Joseph School
- Shree Nutan Vidya Mandir High School
- Children’s Academy
- Fatima Devi English High School
- Father Agnelo High School
- Liberty Garden
- Sunder Nagar Garden
- Poddar Park
- Dada Dadi Park Nr:- Military Road.
- Sai Baba Park –
Movie Theatres in Malad West
- New Era, Malad station
- MovieTime (2-screen Multiplex)
- Sangeeta , Malad (E)
- Fame Malad (6-screen Multiplex) at Inorbit Mall
- Marve Beach
- Dana Paani
- Aksa Beach
- Madh Island
- Erangal Beach
- Goregaon Sports Club
- Club Link
- The Resort – Aksa
- The Retreat – Madh Island Beach
- JW Marriott – Service Apartments (Mindspace 2007)
- Inorbit Mall, Link Rd, Malad
- The Mall, Station Road, Malad(W)
- The Eastern Mall, Malad (E)
- Hypercity, Link Rd, Malad
Hotels and Restaraunts
- MM Mithaiwala
- Delhi Sweet House
- Hotel Gopal , Malad
- Janta Wafers , Malad (E)
- Laxmi Chaha Bhandar
- AR Thakkar Mithaiwala
- Uncles Kitchen
- Raju Kabab ( )
- City Of Joy ( )
- Sri Devi
- Garden Court, ( )
- Delhi Durbar, Inorbit Mall, Link Road
- Various fast food outlets at Inorbit Mall, Link Road
|Next station south:
|Mumbai suburban railway : Western Railway||Next station north:
|Stop Number:19||KM from starting:29.32|